Making progress

CoverMockup400

The book now has a cover!

I am still working on some of the interior images, but the book is finally taking shape now. I still don’t know if I will make my July deadline, but I am pretty confident copies will be in my hands before the end of summer.

7 Responses to Making progress

1. Danielle Lippard Feldman June 10, 2011 at 8:03 am #

Very exciting news. The cover looks great! Can’t wait to see the inside. I must say I really appreciate you undertaking this labor of love for the rest of us!

2. Brigitte Blanche June 10, 2011 at 9:15 am #

Your dedication and knowledge is amazing. Anything you might need to help from France, just ask. Love this blog.
    Brigitte

3. lynnintx June 10, 2011 at 11:01 am #

Will definitely get one!

4. The Equine Tapestry June 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Thank you all!

And thank you for the offer, Brigitte! I have been so very fortunate that so many people in far-away places have offered to help with their native breeds. I wanted the information to be as complete as possible, and the books have been made better than they were by people so willing to share what they know.

I must admit, though, that preparing the books has made me want desperately to visit many of the countries and see the historic stud farms in person.

5. Stacia Finkbeiner September 15, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

I cant wait to read it!

6. Amanda Winslow September 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

Hi, there! I am the sister of Mischala Walker (www.walkerfarms.net), owner of Joker’s Golden Boy (aka: Ben) and Rose Hill Cream of Wheat Bess (aka: Venus). I also manage her website. We are really excited that you will be using Ben & Venus in your book! If you need some large, high-quality photos of either of them, I can send you as many as you like. :) Just drop me a line: kitiara_99@yahoo.com. Looking forward to the book! :D

• The Equine Tapestry September 29, 2011 at 10:34 pm #

Hi Amanda! I was so happy to get permission to use pictures of them. Venus is one of my favorites in the book. She is a truly lovely mare.